A couple of weeks ago, Doctor of Credit posted about a targeted Best Buy Amex Offer. If you weren’t targeted a fortnight ago, check your account again today as it appears to have been rolled out to more users.
- Spend $250+ in-store or online at Best Buy and get $25 back, or
- Spend $250+ in-store or online at Best Buy and get 2,500 Membership Rewards.
- Expires September 15, 2019.
- Valid on one or more transactions.
- Valid at any participating location in the US and US Territories.
- See merchant website for shipping policy. Some merchants may not ship to all areas.
- Not valid for e-gift card purchases. Excludes corporate gift card purchases.
- Not valid at outlet locations.
- Excludes Best Buy Express, Geek Squad services made outside of Best Buy, Best Buy Parts Store, Best Buy Direct, Best Buy Education, Best Buy Ignite, Best Buy Secondary Markets, Best Buy Private Store & Auction or at standalone Pacific Sales stores.
This Best Buy Amex Offer appears to have been slow-rolled as neither my wife nor I had it on any of our accounts when it first appeared a couple of weeks ago.
When checking this morning though, we had either the statement credit or Membership Rewards version of the offer on all our Membership Rewards-earning accounts, but no other types of cards. Check all your cards though, as the comments on the DoC thread from a couple of weeks ago show people getting the offer on cards that don’t earn Membership Rewards.
Best Buy started selling Amazon gift cards again in-store last year, so this is a great way to stock up on those for 10% off, or more depending on how you value Membership Rewards. Otherwise, Best Buy gift card purchases in-store or any other third party gift card purchases in-store or online will trigger the Amex Offer. Best Buy eGift card purchases online don’t work though as those are processed by CashStar.
This Amex Offer expires mid-September which hopefully means we’ll see a similar offer in Q4 as that’ll cover Thanksgiving and the holiday period when there’ll be even more deals to take advantage of.
A couple of other quick things to mention. First, there was a separate Best Buy Amex Offer a few months ago offering 1 bonus Membership Reward point per dollar spent at Best Buy; if possible, add this new offer to that same card.
Second, remember that you can load the statement credit and Membership Rewards versions of the offer to different cards, so you can take advantage of this deal twice.
Quick Deal posts are intended to alert readers to deals big and small, with little or no analysis. Quick Deals are NOT recommendations. Readers should always use their own judgment as to whether or not a deal works for them.
The post Best Buy Amex Offer: Spend $250 & Get $25 Back/2,500 Membership Rewards – More People Targeted appeared first on Frequent Miler.